Sound Imaginarium Concerts
- Just as an imaginarium-a museum, toy store or aquarium-stimulates the imagination, so MCE's Sound Imaginarium occasional series creates a place that explores the intriguing choral music of other cultures, other eras, and our own inventive age.
The Great American Songbook
- Smooth, jazzy, romantic, unforgettable music by the top craftsmen of the '30s, '40s and '50s.
Out of Africa
- A celebration of the contagious rhythms and percussive beat of African choral numbers as well as our own African-influenced music: jazz, blues, gospel and classical.
- A wonderful afternoon of the smooth tunes and jazzy rhythms of one of our greatest composer/lyricist teams, the brothers Gershwin.
St. John Passion, by Johann Sebastian Bach
- An artistically vivid semi-staged presentation of Bach's intense masterwork. Thoughts on Bach's St. John Passion
Chichester Psalms, by Leonard Bernstein
- Bernstein's exciting, rhythmic setting of the Psalms of David, for organ and percussion.
The Creation, by Franz Joseph Haydn
- The Garden of Eden gradually takes shape onstage, as the oratorio unfolds, through Impressionistic lighting, staging and props. Thoughts on Haydn's Creation
Go for Baroque!
- Bach's Jesu, meine Freude, a suite from Handel's Water Music, and Charpentier's festive Te Deum complete a rich Baroque soundscape.
A Choral Christmas Carol, adapted from Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol
- Dickens' beloved classic, A Christmas Carol, provides the framework for this enchanting and poignant intertwining of Christmas carols and readers theater. Thoughts on A Chorale Christmas Carol
A Journey with Lewis and Clark
- A narrational retracing by an imagined former member of the Lewis and Clark Expedition, interlaced with American folk music in lively choral arrangements.
Carols of the Nativity
- Carols that celebrate the mother and child, the shepherds, and the star, featuring Respighi's Laud to the Nativity.
Missa in angustiis: Nelson Mass, by Franz Joseph Haydn
- One of Haydn's last and greatest works, this Mass written "in a time of anxiety" speaks just as powerfully now as it did to his war-threatened audience long ago.
Sing a Song of Sixpence: Songs for Children Big and Small
- Old and new settings of children's songs and nursery rhymes, readings of children's poetry, and a spontaneous children's choir drawn from the audience! Thoughts on Sing a Song of Sixpence
Showdown at the Issaquah Chorale
- Tuneful, touching and amusing songs that revisit frontier days and the colorful American west, featuring dynamic recreations by composers such as Aaron Copland and Libby Larsen. Thoughts on Showdown at the Issaquah Chorale
Magnificat, by Johann Sebastian Bach
Carmina Burana, by Carl Orff
Requiem, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Dona Nobis Pacem: Grant Us Peace
- Featuring Ralph Vaughan Williams' stirring cantata, Dona Nobis Pacem.
Music & Mirth
Ein Deutsches Requiem, by Johannes Brahms
Christmas in the Americas: Hot Music for a Cold December